A note from Ms. Poteet…
Our Kindergarten Field O’Fun Day is on Thursday! Our class will be competing against the other kindergarten class in several different outdoor events. Please have your child wear orange, tennis shoes, and apply sunscreen before they come to school. Please have your child bring a sack lunch, water bottle, and beach towel for our kindergarten picnic after the competition.
Harmony Elementary’s annual trip to The Louisville Zoo is this Friday, May 27th. We plan to leave school around 9:15a.m. Upon arriving at the zoo, we will split into chaperone-led groups. Groups will have the opportunity to take a self-guided trip through the zoo and have a picnic lunch. We will depart from the zoo around 1:15p.m. and return to school by 2p.m.
Each student needs to:
- Wear weather appropriate clothing (don’t forget to wear your class T-shirt)! Also, please wear tennis shoes, and hats or sunglasses are acceptable.
- Apply sunscreen before school.
- Pack a snack, a disposable water bottle, and sack lunch. A disposable camera will be allowed.
- NO MONEY. To be fair to everyone, we (teachers, chaperones, and students) will not make any purchases on this trip.
Information for chaperones:
- Meet inside the front gates in front of the train station entrance no later than 10:00am to get your child/group and as well as an itinerary.
- Please bring a backpack to carry children’s lunches and water bottles.
- You may not make any purchases for any students (including your own) or allow them to spend any money. This includes food, rides, gifts, etc.
- Meet us back at the same spot (near first aid, zoo membership area) near the front entrance promptly at 1:00. We have to be loaded on the buses by 1:15pm.
- Please e-mail me your cell phone number. This is a safety measure that will allow us to have access to every student since we will be touring the zoo in small groups.
On May 31st from 5:00-6:00pm we will have our End of the Year celebration in the library! You will receive your child’s scrapbook and have a chance to watch a slide show of our favorite kindergarten memories. The celebration will be “open house” style, so your family may come and go as you please. Please park behind the school in the bus parking lot and enter through the library doors. I hope to see everyone there!
May 31st is also our Orange Pack Extravaganza. We will play several outdoor games with our friends from our hallway. Please have your child wear orange, tennis shoes, and apply sunscreen before they come to school. Please have your child bring a sack lunch, water bottle, and beach towel for our kindergarten picnic after the competition.
On June 1st our class will be singing a song for the 5th grade graduation. Please have your child dress up (kaki’s, ties, dresses, skirts, etc) for this event! The graduation ceremony is in the morning. You may send an extra outfit for your child to change into afterwards. Due to limited number of seats kindergarten parents are not permitted to attend (I am going to try to video tape their performance so check our blog the following day).
Important Dates this Month:
May 9-27: State Assessments (No volunteers or guests for lunch at permitted during this time period)
May 26: Kindergarten Field O’Fun
May 27: Zoo Field Trip
May 30: Memorial Day- No School
May 31: Orange Pack Extravaganza
May 31: End of the Year Celebration in the library from 5:00-6:00pm
June 1: Mega Skills Assembly
June 1: Our class will perform for the 5th grade graduation
June 2: Last Day of School & Early Release Day
Related Arts Schedule
Monday No School
Friday No School